Seasonal Assessment Scorers
Opportunities for remote test scorers with paid training provided: $18/hour
Cognia is always searching for individuals interested in joining our scoring team. As a member of our team, your academic background and expertise will serve as the foundation to promote student learning.
You will score student responses to standardized tests from the comfort and convenience of your home. The scores you assign will be reported to our clients, helping identify gaps in student learning and influencing student achievement around the world.
Our peak season is April–August but we have opportunities throughout the year. You will be hired on a per-project basis and may qualify to work on multiple projects throughout the season. The current pay rate for this work is $18/hour. Working as a test scorer may also serve as the perfect gateway for advancement to higher-paid positions as team lead and supervisor.
Read, evaluate, and assign scores to student responses to test questions (items) related to English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, or Social Studies.
Before scoring, you will be required to:
- Become familiar with scoring software and virtual communication tools
- Attend paid training sessions related to each content area and item being scored
- Meet qualification standards by passing a test after each item training
During scoring, you will be expected to:
- Apply established scoring guidelines and scoring instructions
- Accept and apply performance feedback regarding your scoring accuracy and production
- Maintain established accuracy and productivity standards
- Basic computer operation
- Use of common web browsers and virtual meeting software
- For most projects: Bachelor’s degree required
- For select projects: Successful completion of 48 college credits with classes related to the content area being scored